Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Monthly Favorites: Month Six

This month has been all about two things: eating and bathing.  It also meant I bought a lot of primary colored plastic crap that I wasn't super excited about, but they've all turned out to be super useful, and I guess not everything has to be the perfect shade of Tiffany blue! ;)



Clockwise from top left:

Munchkin White Hot Inflatable Duck Tub:  So, to be honest, we got this for our baby shower, and I wasn't super excited.  It wasn't on our list, it wasn't sleek and white and minimalist or whatever, and I thought, well, we might use this a couple of times, but I doubt it.  But. We were visiting my dad one weekend, and decided to give her a real bath in the kitchen sink, instead of on the bath sponge in our tiny bathroom sink, and she LOVED it.  She was splashing everywhere and grinning up a storm.  None of our sinks at home were big enough, and she was not quite stable enough of a sitter for the big tub, so I remembered that we had this ducky tub, and we might as well try it.  This thing is GOLD.  It's inflatable, so it's cushy for the slippery sitters, and it's the perfect size to have a couple of toys within reach.  Within a day, bathtime went from a necessary part of the daily (or every other daily ;) routine to a parTAY.

Skip Hop Dunks Stacking Bath Toy, Blue, Green, Yellow:  These are the only toys we use in the tub and do perfect double duty for rinsing and chewing.  For some reason, the yellow and blue are her favorite, but the green is dead to her.  Who knows.

Weelicious: 140 Fast, Fresh, and Easy Recipes:  So, I decided I wanted to make my own baby food now that it's time to start all of that, but, um, it all seemed pretty boring.  Yum, here's some mashed-up peas.  Weelicious has some fun ideas for purees that aren't just one smashed vegetable, but mostly a lot of recipes that the whole family can enjoy but are also baby-friendly when she can get to chewing a bit more than just purees.  So excited to try it!


Philips Avent BPA Free Classic Bottle to First Cup Trainer, Pink:  We got a couple of kinds of sippy cups to start water this month, and this one is by far my favorite.  It is the perfect size for her to be able to hold it herself, and she has just about mastered tipping it up to drink out of.  Some of the other ones we tried were way too heavy with the water inside to be able to tip the handles herself.  Plus, if you use AVENT bottles, the pieces are all interchangeable.  We have like four bottles that are all different samples since I never purchased a set myself, and one of them happened to be this, so it works!


Munchkin 3 Count Stay Put Suction Bowl:  I read mixed reviews about the suction of these bowls, but they've been great for us so far.  I only have two complaints: for some reason the set only has a lid for the smallest bowl, so I have to use that one to store leftovers.  Also, I wish they were microwavable, because little miss has a problem with cold food sometimes.  #goldilocks  But, other than that, they have been great, and three is plenty because it's not like she eats all that much all that often.




Munchkin 6 Pack Soft-Tip Infant Spoon:  Mysteriously had one of these, ordered the 6-pack because they were cheap and well-reviewed, and they're great.  Perfect size, and she loves to use her own as a sword while I try to feed her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...