Monday, January 6, 2014

Move it Monday

Well, it's been a little while, hasn't it? I don't know why everyone makes New Years resolutions to get fit--it's so hard in the gloom of winter! (Although, just to keep it honest, it's sunny and in the low 60s today...so there goes that excuse...)

Anyway, the Bikini Body Mommy 90 Day Challenge kicked off today, and I'm in.  I tried it once a couple of months after Lilly was born, but I had no accountability partner and decided it wasn't that interesting.  This time, I'm partnering with  a new mommy friend I made in our Baby Boot Camp class (which, I'm totally still loving!), so I'm really hoping it sticks.  We've got big plans, let me tell you.  Ha.

Mostly, I just want to start running again.  What's holding me back the most is that the best time to run would be in the mornings before Tommy leaves for work, but that extra hour/hour and a half of sleep is my only guaranteed chunk of sleep each night.  And since most nights I don't get more than an hour and a half at a time, it's just not worth giving it up.  So there's that.  I also don't love running with the stroller, but I know I can; it's just much less intimidating to go for a walk, so that's what I do most days.

I'm debating signing up for the Disneyland 10k this year--I did the 5k last year, 8 weeks after giving birth, so I know I CAN do it, but it will take some effort if I want to do it without walking.  Let's be honest, what's the point of signing up for a run if you just walk half of it?  I'm pretty sure I'm going to do it, because we loved our time at the park last year and would really like to make it an annual tradition, and going but not running would just be lame :)  Here's to running more than twice between now and then!

So, anyway, I'm getting back out there, even with this wiggly baby who is currently helping me type this post :)

So excited to be linking back up with Ashley for Move It Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...