Thursday, January 2, 2014

Lilly Anne: 26 Weeks

Can you believe you are almost 6 months?  I doubt you care, being a baby and all, but it is blowing my mind.  You have grown up so much in the last few weeks, especially in your hand-eye coordination.  You can pull your binky out and put it back into your mouth almost every single time, and you can hold your own sippy cup and drink out of it with only a little help tipping it.  I think you might even pass a field sobriety test where they make you touch your nose!  We started trying solids again, moving on from oatmeal ceral to butternut squash, sweet potato, and prunes.  Oh, the prunes.  I am trying to feed them to you every other day to help your system, but you haven't been all that interested in any of the purees.  I think you are just so full your tummy can't handle anymore, because you have been nursing less, too.  It is so sad to watch you try to work it out, and it has definitely put you way out of sorts.  I even had to bring you in to sleep with us a couple of nights, just to avoid getting up every half hour.  You finally had some success today, although it wasn't easy, and you seem to be a little happier.  Other than that, it's been a pretty quiet week.  We rearranged the living room to accommodate all of your gear--I can't believe we've become those people.  I used to visit other parents and think, why can't they just keep all of that stuff in the nursery?  HAHAHAHAHAHA.  I can't wait for our new rug to get here, because I can tell you are starting to think about crawling, and you have decided that you like to roll again, so all of this hardwood is not exactly working for us.  We even brought the Pack N Play out for you to roll around in, you know, now that we have all this extra space.  Although, really, I'd like to discourage this mobility business for as long as possible...

Also, I am SO EXCITED that your hair is long enough for bows to stay in for real :)


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...