Friday, October 25, 2013

Pinterest Cookbook: Zucchnini Edition

If you've ever tried to grow zucchini, then you know how quickly a few small plants can turn into an abundance.  Grilled zucchini is great and all, but what do you do with the other 73 that you've harvested?  We actually haven't grown them in a while, but I did pick up this massive beauty from a box at church, and used it to make these two recipes.  I dumped way more zucchini in than was called for, but it makes pastries so moist that I couldn't help myself.

image source
First up were Zucchini Brownies from Movita Beaucoup.  I made these a week or so before Lilly Anne got here, and we froze most of them for treats when we didn't feel like cooking/baking in the weeks after she was born.  After trying one, it was a struggle not to immediately thaw them and eat them all in one sitting.  At least they have a vegetable in them?  I definitely frosted them with chocolate frosting, but I'm sure they'd be amazing without it as well.  They are so moist and much denser than the brownies I usually make, but they aren't super rich.  Well, ok, they are, but it's so good, who cares about the sugar coma?

image source
I also made Zucchini Banana Muffins from the Healthy Coconut Blog.  I'm a huge muffin fan for breakfast, so this seemed like a natural fit, especially since the rest of the ingredients were all pantry staples.  I love loading my muffins up with stuff like bananas, berries, walnuts, apples, or whatever, so I liked that these had the combo.  They were a great texture, with all of that extra moistness from the zucchini, and great flavor!  I made several batches of these and froze some when Lilly Anne was due as well.  Actually, I think I have a zucchini in my fridge right now; I may make these for breakfast this week...

Once again, thank you Pinterest for the excellent recipes!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...