Thursday, August 1, 2013

Lilly Anne: 4 Weeks

Uh oh...the weeks are starting to speed by! I can't believe you'll be one month this weekend! I know I keep saying it, but you made so many awesome developments this week. Thank goodness the growth spurt is over and you've stretched out feeding to 3-4 hours sometimes, although other times you like to eat every 2 hours. Luckily, you are starting to do the longer stretches at night, and the best part is that you are now sleeping in your bouncy chair instead of our bed (and I probably just cursed myself)! I should probably suck it up and get a Rock 'n' Play or bassinet so you're a little more comfortable, but I'm hoping you might actually be in your crib sometime soon. One thing that has helped you settle into sleep in your chair is your WubbaNub "Moo Moo" Cow Pacifier. We tried it for the first time this week, and you took it like a champ. We also tried a bottle with pumped milk the same day, and you rocked that too, which meant I got to go to the mall by myself for a couple of hours without leaving your daddy with a screaming baby!  We can see your eyes starting to lock on, and I swear you are giving us some responsive smiles--you love your daddy's silly voices and having your cheeks tickled. You are also loving your stroller, and we took an awesomely long walk with Brooke and your boyfriend Jed yesterday.

You are starting to outgrow your newborn onesies, at least with your cloth diapers on, but the 0-3 month clothes we have are a little big, so we are trying those here and there and trying to get the most out of your cute, tiny newborn clothes. This is one of the 0-3 month outfits that fits pretty well, and it was one of the first ones I bought when I found out you were going to be a girl!

We love you Lilly Anne!!

2 comments:

  1. She is so precious!!! And I can't believe she is just about a month old! How is cloth diapering going? I am curious about it, not quite sure if that is what we will do though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie! Cloth diapering is going very well! The only additional work is spraying out the dirty diapers (which isn't totally necessary, but we heard that it helps with staining), and doing a load of laundry every day or day and a half. We wash them on heavy duty and then hang them to dry, and they dry really quickly, so it's not too bad. It's so nice not to be spending the money and throwing away the disposables when you're going through 10 or more diapers a day!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...