Thursday, July 18, 2013

Lilly Anne: 2 Weeks

2 weeks already!  It seems like forever since we brought you home, and that you've always been a part of our family.  Except I do vaguely recall a time when I slept for more than 2 hours at a time...was that reality or just a dream?  You are getting more and more alert, and have just started to focus those big eyes on our faces.  You love to stare at your daddy especially.  Your crazy faces just get better and better.  

This was a week for lots of big adventures.  Last Thursday, you did great at your first doctor's appointment--you were so happy and didn't cry once!  On Friday, the lovely Alicia Gines came and took BEAUTIFUL newborn photos of you and you cooperated like a chance (you only peed on her blankets once!).  On Saturday, we took you to Brooke's parents' house, and you had your first real date with Jed while your daddies played in the pool. Sunday night we went to Pastor Brad's house for a meeting about church, and you were the start of the show, even though I spent most of the meeting in the back bedroom feeding you, little hunger monster.  We've taken a couple of walks with the Ergo and your stroller, including trying out Gian's Deli finally for lunch one day.  We finally tried to go to Target yesterday, but you were not having any extra browsing.  I think it might be the first time in history that we got exactly what was on our list and not one thing extra...I guess you're going to be good for our budget!  And, just to embarrass you in in about 13 years, you had your first diaper blowout, pooping down your daddy's hands and onto the floor.  I laughed for about 5 minutes before helping him clean it up, but you got back at me by spitting up on my face later as I was trying to kiss you.  

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the last two weeks:

Baby kisses!!
Skeptical of your first bath.
Rocking cloth diapers like a big girl!
Hi...
...ya!
I'm going to stick with both types of pictures for now, even though you cry EVERY SINGLE TIME we try to lay you on that chair, so I think you've shown us your preference.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...