Thursday, June 27, 2013

What to Wear When You're Knocked Up: 3rd Trimester

Well, since my third trimester officially expired yesterday, I might as well kill some time waiting for this baby by posting about what I wore, or didn't wear, during the third trimester.

I actually didn't buy anything new this trimester, with the exception of a black maxi dress from Target that should also work post-baby.  It's not available online anymore, but it is similar to this one:

similar
I am so grateful that I didn't have to work for the last month of my pregnancy, because wearing pants is sooooo tedious.  I have been really happy with the pants I bought in my second trimester, but it gets old doing the pants-hitching shuffle every time I move.  I really wish that I would have invested in a nice pair of shorts during my second trimester shopping spree, but I knew I wouldn't be able to wear them to work, and by the time I was ready to wear them, it seemed pointless to spend money on something I would only be able to wear for a month, maybe two.  But then I realized that while the first trimester goes by so fast it practically doesn't exist, and the second trimester rushes by in the excitement, the third trimester is THE LONGEST THREE MONTHS OF YOUR LIFE.

Overall, I've tried to wear the maternity tops I bought as often as possible this trimester, even though a lot of my regular tops worked almost to the end, but what I realized is that maternity tops are not entirely necessary when purchasing a maternity wardrobe.  Definitely some maternity or even just extra-long tank tops for layering, though.  It's so hard to know what to expect about how your body will change and what might still fit, especially for a first pregnancy.  I would recommend investing in a few pairs of nice jeans and pants; I got the most value out of those, since I wore them for almost 6 months.

I've actually started just regular shopping again, but keeping the tags on everything in case my hips stay this size for an extended period of time!  I am so anxious to wear real clothes again, and you know I couldn't go two seasons without buying some of the cute, trendy stuff I've seen in the stores!!

Check out a few of my favorites from the first and second trimesters.  I was able to get away with a lot being a teacher and not having to wear professional clothing every day, but for me, this was plenty--maybe even more tops than I needed. 

Sorry if this was super rambling...the baby is eating my brain and kept me up all night as I laid there examining every twitch for contractions.  Don't worry, nothing yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...