Wednesday, June 12, 2013

38 Weeks

how far along: 38 weeks

size of baby: Giant.

development: She should be fully developed and ready to come out.

weight gain: 30 pounds...and if I see one more picture of Kate Middleton's "baby bump," I am going to lose my mind.  But then I just look at pictures of Kim Kardashian, and I feel better.

symptoms: Pretty much just uncomfortable with this watermelon someone shoved up under my ribs.

exercise: A few walks, trying to keep my pace around 16:00.

maternity clothes: Pretty much rocking the uniform of running shorts and a t-shirt with my belly hanging out at home, but unfortunately, I have to figure out "real" clothes when I venture out of the house.  I'm not trying to be featured on People of Walmart.  Since I'm down to about 2 jersey dresses, and a couple of pairs of maternity jeans that I have to constantly hike up, getting dressed to leave the house is always a fun ordeal.  Sorry we can't all have a perfectly coordinated wardrobe of maternity A-line-coat-dresses like the Princess.


baby gear: We have so. much. stuff.  The last of our Amazon orders came (thank goodness...although I'm going to miss seeing UPS, Fed Ex, and On Trac all on the same day), and we're set on diapers, wipes, crib, carseat, pack and play, bouncer, swing, and goodness knows we have plenty of clothes.

cravings/aversions: Peaches.  I bought some at the farmers' market this weekend, and they are just about perfectly ripe today.  Please excuse me while I wipe the juice off of my face.

movement:  Oh, plenty.  She was still in the splits in the last sonogram.

sleep:  Decent, although it's still super hard to get comfortable.

gender: Man, I hope she's a girl, or it's going to be super awkward.


looking forward to:  I just want to meet her!  All jokes aside about being uncomfortable and ready to get her out, I am seriously so excited for that day to come.  It's like a kid before Christmas, but 1000 times better, except I don't know when Christmas is going to come!

what I miss: Oh, a Corona.  So bad.  I used a lime tonight with dinner, and I just kept sniffing my fingers afterwards pretending I had a beer to go with it.

worries: That I'm going to lose it if my due date comes and she's not here yet.  Please don't be a late baby!  Almost all of my other pregnant friends have had their babies, and they've all come early, and I'm still sitting here like, nope, still pregnant.

milestones: None.

best moment this week:  Umm...that one time it was 108 here?  Just kidding, that was AWFUL.  Thank goodness for air conditioning.  Seriously, that is probably a blessing that I am the most appreciative of right now.

Thank you to The Bump and Babycenter for the wonderful info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...