Wednesday, June 5, 2013

37 Weeks

how far along: 37 weeks--can you believe it??

size of baby: A winter melon--I don't know what that is, but it feels like I swallowed a watermelon whole.

development: She is officially full term, so everything should be fully developed.  She is just putting on weight, practicing breathing, and creating meconium (can't wait to change THAT diaper)

weight gain: 28 pounds...right on track to keep it at 30 total, hooray!

symptoms: More heartburn and gas pains.  My digestive organs are ready to have some space again!

exercise: Got in a couple of good walks this week; I felt super slow the first day but cut a minute off my pace by the second.

maternity clothes: Clothes are overrated.

baby gear: We put in our last few orders of what we *should* need to start out, and I took Natalie shopping with me this weekend to pick out a bouncer/swing.  We went to Buy Buy Baby, which overwhelms me every time, and that poor girl spent way too much time wandering around Pottery Barn Kids with me trying to decide what we actually "needed" that was left on the registry.  I'm working on a list of what we've got so far so that I can start reviewing if we actually use any of it.

cravings/aversions: Nothing, although I did give in and get a Frosty in a waffle cone after my dentist appointment Monday.

movement: Lots, and for some reason she has been getting the hiccups a lot more lately.

sleep: Back and forth between sleeping a solid 10 hours and waking up at 3am to a stomach party that keeps me up until about 5:30.

gender: Girl

looking forward to: Meeting her!  And being done being pregnant :)

what I miss: Breathing comfortably.

worries: Actually feeling pretty prepared.

milestones: Full term!!!!

best moment this week:  Shopping with Natalie, and then I got to see my dad's sister and her family on their visit to San Francisco from Kentucky (and yes, we talked about both basketball recruiting classes and Duck Dynasty)We ate at Pizza Antica in Lafayette, which is the same restaurant where we told my dad we were having a baby.  Excellent pizza and what looked like a great selection of beers that I will enjoy on our next trip there.  Oh, and Tommy's office threw us a sweet baby shower at lunch today.  I hadn't had a chance to meet everyone there yet, so it was a nice chance to get to know the people who my husband spends every day with, and they were so thoughtful to celebrate us.

Thank you to The Bump and Babycenter for the wonderful info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...