Wednesday, May 15, 2013

34 Weeks

how far along: 34 weeks

size of baby: A cantaloupe or butternut squash.  She could have grown up to an inch last week, which would explain the kicks in between the ribs I have been getting.

development: She can hear and recognize songs now.  Well at least she'll come out already knowing the words to "Friends in Low Places" thanks to my summer playlist.

weight gain: 26 pounds...make it stop!

symptoms: Swelling, heartburn, peeing, you know, all the fun parts of pregnancy :)

exercise: Ballet, but it's still way too hot to walk.  Counting the days until school is out and I can walk in the mornings!  Ok, just counting the days until school is out.

maternity clothes: Living in dresses in this heat.

baby gear: A few shower gifts have started to arrive...and naturally Tommy and I have been fighting over who gets to rip them open like a joint present at Christmas.

cravings/aversions: Anything cold.  And chocolate milk, thanks to my dad.

movement: Getting even stronger!

sleep: Sleep? I'm not familiar.

gender: Girl

looking forward to: Babymoon. Baby presents.  Baby shower.  The last day of school.  Not in that order.

what I miss: Sleep would obviously be a silly thing to say, since we all know that won't be coming back and I might as well put on my big girl panties and get over that now.

worries: That Tommy might die of heat exhaustion with all of the nesting projects I have him running around doing for our house.  To be fair, I've contributed a fair amount (and possibly inhaled a few low-VOC paint fumes along the way).

milestones: At 34 weeks, she has a good chance of being healthy with no complications even if she is born this early.

best moment this week:  We started our childbirth classes last week, and they've actually been pretty fun.  I finally hit the point of being ready to process the info and able to plan, so I'm like a sponge.  Plus, it's so much more fun to be the kid sitting in the back cracking jokes to her husband than the teacher in the front dealing with the pain-in-the-butt students :)


Thank you to The Bump and Babycenter for the wonderful info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...