Wednesday, May 1, 2013

32 Weeks

how far along: 32 weeks

size of baby: A jicama?  What on earth is that?  Anyway, she's about 17 inches and 4 pounds, supposedly.  I'm really looking forward to another ultrasound to see just how big she is, since she's usually head-butting me in the ribs and kicking my pelvic floor at the same time while seeming to be sideways.

development: Getting fat, and she has fingernails and toenails.  She is supposed to be dropping and going head-down soon, but she doesn't seem to be interested in that.

weight gain: 23 pounds.

symptoms: With all of the heat, my legs and ankles have started to swell when I stand for long.  LAME.

exercise: I'm sure walking would help all of this swelling, but between the heat and being paralyzed after overstretching Monday night in ballet, I've been a little lame.  I did some strength training today, trying to get some definition back in my legs that I miss from running.

maternity clothes: Nothing new, but things are definitely shrinking.

baby gear: Nope, I was good this week.

cravings/aversions: Nah

movement: Lots and lots.

sleep: Bleh.  The heat sucks.  I've been adding pillows to get comfortable, which makes the bed even hotter.  Can't wait till I can use the baby as an excuse to crank on the AC :)

gender: Girl

looking forward to: Getting excited for our baby shower!

what I miss: Being able to walk without waddling.  I can't believe I'm one of those people who's waddling.

worries: I'm getting to the point where I would like this to happen sooner rather than later, and I'm worried she'll take her sweet time and camp out for a few extra days.  Patience is not my strong suit.

milestones: None.

best moment this week: My birthday was Friday, and even though I worked for most of it, between the Career Faire and having to go back for adjunct duty at the play last night, Tommy and I celebrated Saturday by going up to Sacramento and going out to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (I love trying new cheesecakes for special occasions!) and shopping.  Yup, I celebrate my birthdays at the mall.  And Tommy made it almost 2 full hours before pooping out!  I'm so proud of him :)  I actually didn't buy much at the mall, but I found two pairs of shoes at Nordstrom Rack (including a pair of booties for $16!) and then I went to our local mall Sunday to wrap up a few stores that we didn't make it to, and I found some sweet deals at Old Navy and a new Vera Bradley travel bag.  I had to order the one I wanted, so Birthday Fest will continue for another few days until my package arrives!  But seriously, even though working all day Friday reallllllllllly sucked, I got so many sweet texts/facebook messages/cards that it made the day much better!  Thanks for all the love!

Thank you to The Bump and Babycenter for the wonderful info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...