Wednesday, April 10, 2013

29 Weeks

how far along: 29 weeks

size of baby: Baby G is the size of a butternut squash.

development: Lots of brain development and fat.

weight gain: 20 pounds

symptoms: I'm starting to get more uncomfortable sometimes, and really feeling the weight of being pregnant, especially when I walk.  After a long, fast walk on Tuesday, I was almost waddling as my hips showed me just how loosened up they've gotten.

exercise: I can do about one good, hard walk every 3-4 days, so I've been alternating a longer, faster walk with shorter, slower walks.  I can definitely feel it afterwards, which is so funny since my body had been used to jogging and a walk was nothing, but my hips are loosening so my stride is not as efficient, and I can feel the weight of my belly that I am hauling around.

maternity clothes: Nothing new--I'm feeling pretty settled in what I have, although who knows what will happen as I keep growing!

baby gear: Waiting on the shower to buy anything, although I think I might get some diapers and basics just in case she comes early!

cravings/aversions: nothing

movement: Lots, and I can tell she's starting to get squished and shifting positions.  For the first time, I felt some kind of foot or something in my ribs.  My belly looks different too, less wide and more out front, so I think she might have curled up instead of being splayed sideways.

sleep: Mostly good

gender: Girl

looking forward to: The baby shower--which happens to coincide with the end of school, so, you know, all good things :)

what I miss: Being able to walk comfortably

worries: ?

milestones: None.

best moment this week: My Alpha Phi girls threw another pregnant advisor and myself a surprise baby shower Sunday morning!  It was the cutest thing ever, and I was totally caught off guard.  They were so adorable planning out games (I'll have to post pictures of the babies they drew as part of one game LOL), snacks, and even the sweetest puff-painted pink tutus!  I love working with those girls :)

Thank you to The Bump and Babycenter for the wonderful info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...