Wednesday, January 30, 2013

19 Weeks

how far along: 19 weeks

size of baby: An heirloom tomato...yum! Makes me think of summer.  I never thought I'd say yum about a tomato, but they're growing on me.

development: Lots of sensory development, and Baby G may be able to hear us now--better watch our mouths ;)  Arms and legs are finally the right proportion, so our baby looks much less like an alien now.

weight gain: I made it to the 5 pound mark!  I have a feeling things are going to speed up from here...

symptoms: I've been feeling what I think is some round ligament pain as the muscles around my uterus stretch to accommodate it.  Other than that, I'm feeling great!

exercise: Ballet, a walk this weekend with Tommy, and I went for a run today!  I went for a mile, and took it slowly and gently since not only am I pregnant, but it's been months since I've run consistently.  It was super weird to start out, but things started to normalize except for a constant pressure on my bladder that had me feeling like I had to pee.  I did a 12:00 mile, which is about 2 minutes slower than I would normally run, but I felt great to make it a mile.  I know it's not far at all, but I wasn't sure how this would go.  Hopefully when cheer is over in a few weeks, I can start walking/running more regularly and maintain for a while.
 
maternity clothes: My maternity jeans arrived on Saturday, and let me tell you, they are GLORIOUS!  My only complaint is that they are a little loose in the hips/butt area, and I am usually pretty true to size with Gap, but other than that, elastic-waist jeans are genius.  The more maternity clothes I buy, the more I wonder why we can't just wear them all the time.  I can still fit into a couple of my larger pairs of jeans, especially the ones that have some stretch, so even though they aren't my favorites, I still have a few options.  Dresses are great, and I can't wait for it to warm up so I can wear some without leggings or tights.  I'm waiting for the new spring lines to come out so I can see the 2-3 choices each store has for somewhat on-trend maternity clothes.  I've got to get to this magical place they call the Forever 21 maternity department and see what all of the hype is about.

baby gear: Target is having a big baby sale, so we ordered a few things that came with Target gift cards and free shipping.  I can't remember what we finally checked out with, but I think it was an ErgoBaby carrier and a Boppy.  Both are things we are pretty sure we'll need, and I'm curious to see if we like the fit of the ErgoBaby, or, more importantly, if Tommy likes it.  I am thinking about getting a Moby wrap for myself, but my only concern is how hot it will be in the summer.  Any good recommendations for cooler wraps?

cravings/aversions: All food sounds good, all the time.  Ok, that's not totally true.  All cheesy, or salty, or sweet, or chocolatey, or fruity food sounds good all the time.  And Mexican food.  I think I am going through San Diego withdrawals because of the winter.  I miss Casa de Reyes!

movement: Well, my abdomen has been feeling kind of freaky for the last few days, so I am going to say yes.  It's like I have gas bubbles, but I don't think I do.  I'm looking forward to it being more distinctive, although I'm still sort of freaked out about the idea of this alien being moving around inside of me.

sleep: I like to sleep.

gender: 1 more week!  My students ask me every day if I know yet, so I think I'm going to post a tally for them next week to debate if they think it's a girl or a boy.

looking forward to: President's Day break!  A full, lovely week off with no definite plans other than Alpha Phi Conference at the end. Oh, and my favorite Buffalo Chicken cupcakes for the Super Bowl this weekend!!  Seriously, they are amazing; you have to try it to get it, but once you do, WOW!

what I miss: Still beer.  I think it's part of my San Diego/warm weather/Mexican food withdrawal.  And I'm starting to miss having a waistline.

worries: Feeling what I think is movement is actually helping me worry less, because that means that Baby G is moving around just like it should, but then I worry that I'm imagining it all and it's really just gas.

milestones: I officially announced at church this week!  It was actually really funny because we announced Brooke first, who is very clearly having a baby, and I tried to wear a tight sweater and a belt to show off my awkward bump attempt and keep up.

best moment this week: Ooooh, we had massages this week, and this was my first pregnant massage.  I wasn't sure how it would be laying on my side or if they would use decent pressure, but it was lovely!  Laying on my side was actually awesome--that's how I normally sleep, and she brought me extra pillows to cuddle :)

Thank you to The Bump and Babycenter for the wonderful info.

1 comment:

  1. You are probably actually feeling movement! I thought it was gas or in my mind for awhile, but it was really her. It is kind of creepy at first, but it is pretty neat, especially when you start feeling it on the outside. And get used to worrying, it is kind of overwhelming sometimes, but you will worry about everything involding your baby, that is one thing I didn't expect before having Ada. Just ask Derek how much I worry, he will tell you I am crazy :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...