Wednesday, December 26, 2012

14 Weeks

 In the interest of full disclosure, this picture was actually taken at about 14.5 weeks, and I definitely feel like there's a belly to see that was not there at the real 14 weeks!

how far along: 14 weeks; officially into the second trimester!  Yikes, where did the time go??

size of baby: Baby G is now 
the size of a lemon.  That seems smaller than a peach last week, but I guess fruit sizes aren't exactly the most consistent way to measure.  Ironically, I've actually been enjoying lemon water this week because it tastes better than regular water right now.

development: Baby G is making faces and sucking its thumb.  Most excitingly, it can pee(?)!  Arms and body are growing to be proportionate to the giant head.

weight gain: You really think I weighed myself the day after Christmas?  I don't think so.

symptoms: Most of the nausea and exhaustion are gone for now, hallelujah! Still the lovely digestive symptoms of gas, bloating, and constipation.

exercise: Um, lifting my fork to my mouth?  We've been out and about shopping and such, so I guess those count as walks, but nothing formal.

maternity clothes: No, but my jeans got pretty uncomfortable this week so I'm glad I have so many leggings! I'm working on my list of first trimester maternity fashion and what to wear when you just feel fat.  By the way, does that go away soon?

baby gear: We're narrowing down on a crib; I'll share more with a nursery mood board soon, but it's on clearance at Pottery Barn Kids, so we're going to try to see it in person sometime this week to confirm that it's still the one we want.

cravings/aversions: Not much, but I'm alternating between eating more food than I could imagine and being full after about two bites.  I think I'm going to start transitioning to more frequent, smaller meals.

movement: I had a really weird fluttery feeling Monday night in the middle of the night, but that's also the time I am the gassiest, so it totally could have been that.  Or I could have been dreaming.

sleep: I have this super cool new habit of waking up about 2:00 am for an hour or so with no good reason.  Luckily, I'm in the middle of a good book, so I can read on the iPad without waking up Tommy, but this isn't going to cut it when I have to start getting up for work again.

gender: No idea.  I think I'm trying to convince myself it's a boy and Tommy's trying to convince himself it's a girl.

looking forward to: Finding out the gender...is it 20 weeks yet?!  I can't decide if it's worth trying to schedule an elective ultrasound, because the weeks between 16 and 20 are going to be super busy and I doubt I'll be able to schedule one much sooner than I can get in for my anatomy ultrasound.

what I miss: Beer, beer, beer--I swear I'm not an alcoholic, but it tastes so goooooooood!

worries: All of the unfinished projects in our house to transition to having a nursery...and the fact that my house looks like a tornado hit it and I have no motivation to fix any of it.

milestones: 2nd trimester!

best moment this week: It was so fun to finally be able to tell our parents!  My dad was shocked but Tommy's parents weren't that surprised, which is the opposite of what I expected.  Everyone is super happy and excited for us, though, which makes it start to feel more real.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...