Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12 Weeks

how far along:  12 weeks--it's here, it's finally here!!

size of baby:  Baby G is now the size of a plum.  We actually got to see it today on the ultrasound, and it finally looks like a real baby and not just an indistinguishable dot!  Now I don't have to be embarrassed when I show people the ultrasound picture and can't find my baby.


development:  Baby G has reflexes this week, if I poke my belly, it will move.  I was so tempted to try it during the ultrasound, but it was moving around so much anyway I didn't need to.  Crazy little ballerina/basketball player!



weight gain: I might be up a pound or two.  Things are changing so much day to day, morning to night, but I'm definitely starting to feel the pudge, if only bloat.  My leotard is still totally outing me.  I had to make some crack about eating a late dinner this week to cover.
 
symptoms: Same exhaustion and general nausea.  I think it has a lot to do with this never-ending runny nose, which just sort of makes my mouth always taste gross and my stomach always feel funny.  I'm looking forward to getting some energy back soon, please!!  My house looks like crap.

exercise:  Ballet, coaching Upward, and 2 high school cheer practices this week.  I made the girls run 3/4 of a mile on Tuesday solely so I could get some exercise (although they must have needed it too, because they barely complained!)


maternity clothes:  I bought a few longer tops at Target to wear with my leggings, and one of them was a maternity top, although I can't for the life of me see how it's different than the regular-sized tunic I bought.  Whatever, comfort is key.  I'm still in the closet at school at least for the next couple of weeks, so cover the pudge is the new motto!

baby gear: Been getting lots of comments on my excessive baby pinning...maybe I haven't been secret pinning as much as I thought!


cravings/aversions: Crap.  I had the most embarrassing check-out at Target ever: holiday M&Ms, peppermint bark kisses, teddy grahams (because I'm 8???), and Funfetti frosting.  OH!  And Pirate's Booty.  Have to balance out the sugar somehow, right?

movementWe saw TONS on the ultrasound today; it was so cool!

sleep:  Lots of it.  Went to bed at 8:30 last night and PASSED OUT.


gender: Still no idea.  Lindy had a dream that I was having a girl, and she was right when she had the same dream about herself...


looking forward to:  The Nutcracker with Natalie and our hubbies this Friday and a night in the city, seeing (and telling) my dad next week, and Christmas at Tommy's parents (although not excited for the drive--hope the nausea clears up or I can pass out.  Or maybe I'll get another awesome book on tape.  They're kind of my new thing.)


what I miss: It's hard to adjust to the idea that gaining weight is ok.  I mean I know I can't gain much yet, and it's supposed to be slow and steady, but I don't want that number to go up!!

worries:  A LOT less after our 12 week appointment today :)


milestones: 12 weeks!  Seeing the baby move!  Outing myself to all of my girlfriends, and some random people, as soon as we got home.  And then telling Tommy that I had done so.


best moment this week:  I took Baby G to its first Nutcracker on Saturday and then went to see White Christmas that evening with a few couple friends.  Both were local productions, and both were EXCELLENT!  Oh yeah, and all of the milestones listed above :)  Duh.


Thank you to The Bump and Babycenter for the wonderful info. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...