Wednesday, November 7, 2012

WIWW-Layers

Here are the last three weeks or so of outfits, and yes, this is pretty indicative of the number of times I put something on worth photographing.  I tried to take a picture today, but I realized my outfit looked so Olson-twin-bag-lady without the chic that I was too embarrassed to post it to the Internet!  Oh, and enjoy the massive piles of trash/clothes that make the background oh-so-lovely.


I think I wore this to church to do annoucments on Sunday...American Eagle jeans, J Crew cardigan, and Abercrombie & Fitch top.


I have a lot of short-sleeve sweaters from this spring, so I've been trying to layer them with longer sleeves for warmth and comfort.  Even though it's getting to the 70s/80s, it's chilly in the mornings.  Not chilly enough to wear a coat or anything, just chilly enough that since I'm too lazy to grab a jacket,  I need to wear layers.  T-shirt from Banana Republic, grey sweater from Target, some nice jeans I found at Nordstrom Rack (Citizens maybe?), and the shoes are an old Ross/TJ Maxx/Nordstrom Rack find.


Another cozy layered outfit. Brown t-shirt from Gap a few years ago, AE jeans, amazing Frye boots.  I'm never buying pleather again.


I love this striped dress I found at Gap last year!  I also get a ton of compliments everytime I wear this necklace, and I found it for a few dollars at Forever 21/Charlotte Russe a few years ago.  I'm loving the new tights I bought at Target, super warm!


Game day!  In case you live under a rock, Kansas State is fighting tooth and nail to keep Oregon from snatching their well-deserved number 2 ranking right now, and they had a big game Saturday.  However, we were going over to Pike for an alumni barbecue, so I figured I should present myself as the advisor's cute wife and not just wear sweats.  The plan was to go to BJ's afterwards to watch the game, but we got stuck watching the whole USC/Oregon game and then hanging out to enjoy the young alumni and actives for a while :)  AE jeans, Tory Burch flats, grey Target sweater.


I went over to Alpha Phi for chapter this Sunday, and tried to wear an appropriate business casual outfit, so I combined a fewof my fall favorite items, including the sweater from Banana Republic, skirt and necklace from Loft, Target tights, and ancient Target shoes.


Here enters the phone picture segment of this post.  Please ignore my hair here.  I have no idea what happened, but I think I went to work that way. #awkward.  Again with my favorite necklace, AE sweater and jeans, grey t-shirt from Abercrombie, and navy Toms.


I haven't decided if I think this worked or not, but it was cozy.  Sense the layer trend.  Black jeans, white t-shirt, and scarf from Target, J Crew sweater, and Frye boots.


Another pretty jersey dress, this time from Gap I think.  I felt a little fancy for work, but whatever.  My fun grey tights were a find last year--I think they're HUE from Macy's.

So there you have it, Internet.  My attempts at getting dressed the last few weeks.  I blame it on the transitional weather and the end of football season!
 

1 comment:

  1. Sophisticated and cute; must be in the genes ...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...