Wednesday, November 7, 2012

7 Weeks

how far along:  7 weeks

size of baby
This week Baby G is the size of a blueberry


development: Little stumpy arms and legs are starting to stick out like paddles.  Plus it has a tail--that's pretty awesome.  Too bad those don't stick around.  Kiddo's brain is growing like crazy now, hopefully it'll get big enough to pay for college :)


weight gain:  Um, up a pound, but I also forgot to weigh myself until this evening.  Let's chalk it up to that, and not the 5 Mini Spinach Bread Bowls I ate for dinner two nights ago.

maternity clothes:  Nada.

symptoms: I had some super dizzy/weak days this week, which convinced me that I'm anemic (thank you internet for your assistance in self-diagnosis!) but I started to feel better yesterday.  This is a good thing, because Monday I thought I was going to pass out at any moment.  I bought a pre-natal with iron in it, giving up my chewables for a while, so hopefully that helps too.

exercise:  I had to skip ballet this week because a) I thought I was going to pass out and I didn't think pirouettes would help that much, and b) I started to get a cold Monday, so I decided to stay home and go to bed.  Ever since I had mono in high school, it doesn't matter if I have the beginning of a mild cold or am on the verge of death, my glands in my neck swell up at the slightest sign of illness, rendering me with what I call "linebacker neck."  Trust me, it's a cute look.

cravings/aversions:  I've had a lot more times when nothing sounds good, but no full on nausea yet (fingers crossed).  Even though some things still sound terrible, like the Cheesy Zucchini Rice I was obsessed with last week, or the Cheddar Broccoli Twice Baked Potatoes I convinced Tommy to cook and then never ate (both of which, I should mention, are delicious if you aren't crazy), as of the Mini Spinach Bread Bowl incident, cheesy/salty goodness has been calling my name. Like the sour cream dip I made for Community Group tonight and Cooler Ranch Doritoes (which are disgusting).

movement:  None.

sleep:  Lots of waking up in the night, and apparently I am clicking my teeth (sorry Tommy!)

gender: No idea!

looking forward to:  Finally scheduling my first appointment (oops, just finally took the blood test today), Christmas (and listening to Christmas music to help alleviate that), cool weather to finally stick around so we can make cider and light a fire, almost two full months without coaching

what I miss: Ham and cheese sandwiches.  I know, I know, I could microwave it, but who wants a warm ham and cheese sandwich?  Ooh...grilled cheese sounds good...

worries:  Less this week, but I'd like to have that first ultrasound under my belt to have confidence that yes, there is actually a baby in my uterus



milestones: getting the first appointment scheduled?


best moment this week:  Listening to Christmas music when Tommy wasn't around to scold me!

Thank you to The Bump and Babycenter for the wonderful info. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...