Wednesday, November 28, 2012

10 Weeks

 Let's not talk about my hair this week, mmmk?  Thanks!
 

how far along:  10 weeks

size of baby:  This week Baby G is the size of a kumquat, or a prune--your choice.  Yummm.


development:  Peach fuzz and fingernails.  Oh, and elbows that bend.



weight gain:  Still fluctuating, with no noticeable consistent change either way.
symptoms: The nausea and tiredness seemed to ease up a little this week, but definitely day-to-day.  My boobs are GIGANTIC (sorry Dad), and I think a belly is starting to show.  Pretty sure it's just bloat, but it's getting harder to suck in, and seeing it in a leotard after dinner was not cute.  I still have a stuffy/runny nose, like a cold that won't quite let up, so my cough keeps sticking around.  I'm starting to do dumber and dumber things that I like to blame on pregnancy brain, but could also just be spacy.

exercise:  FINALLY back to ballet this week, and it wasn't my best class--I was a little nervous since I seem to get winded easily and have been much clumsier, so I tried to take it easy, plus three weeks off gave me some mushy muscles, but it felt good.  I'm sure my teacher could tell that I have a belly, without even a skirt to conceal it.  We also did a ton of walking around SF, and walked to a movie with my dad over the weekend, which felt pretty good except for the miles I put on my Tory Burch flats that were not meant for distance.  Best of all, I went for a run today!  I set out to walk, since I was feeling pretty good when I got home from work, and the weather cleared up beautifully after this morning's rainstorm, but once I set out, I decided to try jogging for intervals.  As I started, I kept my pace pretty slow and monitored myself to see how it felt, and it felt good, so I ran for a little over a mile!  Considering I haven't run since my 5k, I was pretty proud of myself!  Hopefully the weather and my energy stay up so I can continue.


maternity clothes:  I bought my first two maternity tank tops!!  We went shopping in San Francisco on Black Friday, and the Gap there is big enough to have a significant maternity department, complete with changing lounge and empathy belly, which only made me think of this:



baby gear:  I figured since I officially purchased my first piece of baby gear this week (actually I guess we did last week with the Pacific blanket and hat set that were in the baby basket), I would add this in to keep track of our purchases so far.  On Cyber Monday, I bought this diaper bag at the online Kate Spade sample sale.  We looked at diaper bags in person at Vera Bradley in San Francisco, and I could tell Tommy just wasn't thrilled with the bright floral thing, and I knew I wouldn't want to get a manly-looking messenger bag, so we compromised.  I also knew that this was about the same price as most well-reviewed bags, and I'd never buy one at the regular price, so I hope I like it!



cravings/aversions: I've been craving cinnamon rolls, but I just blame Pinterest for that, not the baby.

movement:  None.


sleep:  Decent.  Waking up a bit early in the morning, but I've been able to go back to sleep easily.


gender: I tried the Chinese Gender Chart today, but since I'm not sure exactly when Baby G was conceived, it could have been the end of September or the beginning of October, it could be a girl or a boy.  Lame.


looking forward to: I get to see a bunch of my college besties again for our annual Advisor/Exec Christmas party this weekend--there's no way they're going to buy my not drinking twice in a row, so I'm going to have to fake it.  Luckily, I'm hosting, so I think I can sneak myself a virgin margarita without anyone noticing.


what I miss: Margaritas!!!!!

worries:  Just that everything will go well at the next appointment.


milestones: Um, my first run?


best moment this week:  It was really nice to spend Thanksgiving day with my dad, and Tommy and I had a great weekend in the city.  Mostly, it was great to have a 4-day break from school!!


Thank you to The Bump and Babycenter for the wonderful info.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...