Wednesday, October 10, 2012

WIWW-Mustard

I've got to be honest, when I saw all of the mustard yellow popping up as one of the colors for fall, I wasn't very excited.  I actually figured it would be a trend that I skipped out on.  BUT the other day when I was walking around LOFT, I couldn't get over how pretty the shade really is.  And I went on a little mustard spree :)  Now, I'm loving the color, even though it makes my waaaaaay overdue for color hair look particularly yellow.

Sorry the photos aren't on my good camera.  I'm too lazy in the mornings before work to fight with the focus on that thing.


Loving this top from LOFT with jeans and boots, but I originally bought it to go with this skirt:


I love the combination, but it's awkardly too chilly to wear without tights yet and too warm to wear tights.  (aaaaaand shaving my legs is an awful lot of work.)


Next up in the mustard rotation is this sweater from Banana Republic.  I walked past it in the store, thinking that I had just purchased a mustard yellow top, and really, who needs more than one, but it was so soft and I couldn't stop thinking about the stripes.  They recently had a 30% sale online, so I snapped it up. It's actually much cheerier of a yellow in person.  My pants are from Gap, and my necklace is the one I showed here from LOFT.  Again, it's the awkward skirt weather, but this would look great with my new skirt or a denim pencil.  I don't love it with the trousers, and I think even jeans might look better, but the sweater is thin enough to emphasize the fabric underneath, so jeans might be too bulky.  This was also the first time wearing my new shoes from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (see how excited I was here).  Here's a close-up of them during my days of failing trying clothing photography while our electrician was here this summer:



Check out that chunky heel and buckle!!  Me Too is a super comfortable brand, and these are definitely low enough to be worn all day without even noticing.


 I took a break from mustard for a day to wear my favorite Banana Republic striped t-shirt from a few years ago...it's sooooo soft!  I paired it with my new black skinny jeans from Target and Tory Burch flats.  I felt vaguely French all day long, but I do think it emphasized how long my torso is in comparison to my legs.

And there you have it!  I wore something worth photographing three whole times this week!  Linking up with What I Wore Wednesday.

pleated poppy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...