Thursday, July 26, 2012

New Art, New Hobby

We're in the midst of finally painting the two back bedrooms and bathrooms, and we have an electrician coming on Monday to finally require the house so it's safe to do lighting projects, so the ball is finally rolling around here! It seems like it took forever to get inspiration for those rooms, but the ideas are flowing now. I'll have more on paint colors and the electrical work next week, but I wanted to show off a few pieces of art I bought on Etsy yesterday to add to the spaces.

I am head over heels in love with the whimsical and colorful artwork of Katie Daisy and it took me forever to choose one. I picked an 11x14 for our bedroom, and an 8x10 that I just couldn't pass up.  It reminds me of my mom.



 
So now onto my new hobby: I also found a pattern for the most beautiful cross stitch ever from Pam Garrison. (No, I'm only 25, why do you ask?)

 
After downloading the PDF, I realized that I actually don't know how to cross stitch, so I took myself over to Michael's. I started piling embroidery floss into my cart when I realized I really don't know how to cross stitch and it began to occur to me that it might be slightly more complicated than anticipated. I ended up picking up a copy of Stitch-Opedia to figure it all out. I think this might be a slightly more involved hobby than originally anticipated. Good thing I'm so good with follow-through on my craft projects. Anyone want to place bets on how far I actually get into the pattern, or if I get to it at all? ;) Maybe I'll just print out the picture of it and frame it to pretend like I actually succeeded!

Lots of painting to come today and this weekend--can't wait to show you progress next week! My dear friend Ali is coming over for a sewing lesson Saturday morning, so I gave myself that as a deadline to get my act together in the craft room...guess I'd better stop watching Toddlers in Tiaras get off the computer and go paint something.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...